AdfRichInputText.getSubmittedValue() instead of AdfRichInputText.getValue().

I was dealing with an interesting bug today and would like to share my experience with you ,

I have a search input text box and a submit button in UI ( all are ADF faces components). Submit button click event calls a javascript method and  process  search query with input text box value.

It works as expected in all browsers except IE 11. So I started debugging on javascript with IE developer tool and noticed that AdfRichInputText.getValue() is null ,but same javascript works for lover version of IE , Firefox, chrome and safari. Then I played with AdfRichInputText.getSubmittedValue() and it returns search query .

Here is the catch. AdfRichInputText.getValue() returns local value and AdfRichInputText.getSubmittedValue() returns submitted value of editable component.Though my request was new and local value holds null and submitted value holds actual value.

But still I don't understand how it worked in other browsers

Reference: 
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/apirefs.1111/e12046/org/apache/myjs/trinidad/component/AdfUIEditableValue.html 

Environment : Webcenter spaces 11.1.1.7 with IE 11 patch
Browser: IE 11


No comments:

Post a Comment